Wins at Mallory Park, Donington, Oulton Park, Aintree, Cadwell Park, Silverstone, Croft, Wellesbourne and Staverton.
- Midland MCRC 1977/78/79.
- Aintree WDMCC 1977/78/79.
- Waterloo and District 1977/78/79.
- Aintree 1977/78/79.
- The Midland Motorcycle Racing Club 1977/78/79.
- Overall winner of 1000cc four-stroke 1979.
- The Sids Place Championship 1981 - won all three rounds.
- The Kentucky Fried Chicken Championship 1982 - won all three rounds.
Race record set at Aintree 1977.
- Won £1100 Silver Lion Trophy.
- 1982 seen Isle Of Man TT success with Ali picking up the Joe Craig Trophy for finishing highest British bike in two races - fastest laps - 103 mph average on a 3cylinder BSA, 101mph average on 250cc Yamaha.
Ali's most successful race was the Formula 1 TT Race 1984 in which he finished 9th. In the Classic a broken con-rod forced early retirement near Sarah's Cottage.
Ali passengered Roy Hanks in 2 TT races and a few mainland races with some success. Finished second in the Formula 2 sidecar race 1986.